Military Service Members and Veterans
Veteran Transfer Student Requirements
A veteran or military service member with fewer than 24 graded college-level credits that do not meet MU’s freshman admission requirements may apply for admission after:
- Completing 12 hours of college-level transferable credits
- Attaining a minimum 2.5 GPA in 12 hours of college-level transferable credits
- Taking one of the following courses:
- a transferable math course (intermediate algebra or higher) with at least a C- grade
- a transferable English composition course (English comp 1 or higher) with at least a C- grade
Select the group below that best describes you to learn more about admissions requirements, what you need in order to fill out the application and more.
The MU Veterans Center is a one-stop shop helping veterans meet their needs and address their concerns as Mizzou students. We will assist you in any way that we can as you reintegrate from military to academic life. We are always available to answer any questions you may have about applying to Mizzou as a veteran.
Financial Aid Options
Mizzou offers several forms of financial aid exclusively to service members, military veterans and family members who are eligible:
- The Veterans Administration has several GI Bill® benefits programs based on military service. Some of these programs have benefits for eligible children and spouses.
- The Department of Defense provides tuition assistance to eligible service members, members of the National Guard and Reserve components.
- The Missouri Returning Heroes Education Act Grant caps tuition for combat veterans at $50 per credit hour for any class or program leading to a certificate or degree.
- Missouri Online offers a 10 percent tuition discount for veterans pursuing one of its online degree programs.
Military Veterans Service Credits
Depending on how long you served in the military, you may be eligible to receive credit awards or transfer military course credit to Mizzou.