To be eligible for admission to Mizzou, you must meet the following requirements:
- Complete the required core coursework with the required grades.
- Meet the English language requirements.
- Submit all of the required application materials.
More information on all of the requirements are found below. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of International Admissions.
High School Coursework
Complete 13 units (one unit = one year in class) of the following core coursework:
|Mathematics||Four units (algebra or higher)|
|Social Studies||Three units|
|Fine Arts||One unit|
If you took Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate exams for college credit, please visit our College Credits page to learn how those credits transfer to Mizzou. Students completing A-level exams with scores of C or higher will also receive credit.
High School Grades
Your core coursework grades must meet one of the following requirements:
- GPA of 2.5 or higher on a U.S. 4.0 scale
- GPA of 3.5 or higher on a U.S. 5.0 scale
- Average grades of 80 or higher on a 100-point scale
- Average grades of 8 or higher on a 10-point scale
- IGCSE scores of C or higher in five or more subjects AND three A-level certificates with a C or higher
If your high school does not use one of the scales listed above, your grades will be converted to a U.S. 4.0 scale. Scores are determined by the AACRAO International Education Services.
The difficulty level and grade distribution of your courses are considered when determining your admission status.
English Language Requirements
To establish your English proficiency, you must do one of the following:
- Earn the required score on the Duolingo English Test (DET), Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL IBT), International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic) exam, Cambridge C1 Advanced or C2 Proficiency or Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE), or
- Complete Level 5 of the MU Intensive English Program, or
- Complete the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) English exam with grade of B or higher, or
- Score a 5 or higher on the International Baccalaureate (IB) English A: Language & Literature HL exam.
Please note: Mizzou does not accept the TOEFL Essentials (formerly TOEFL at Home) or the IELTS Online.
To see specific score requirements for accepted exams, please visit our English Language Requirements page.
ACT Global Assessment Certificate (GAC) Program
Mizzou has alternative admissions requirements for students who complete the ACT Global Assessment Certificate (GAC) Program.
To gain admissions through the GAC Program, you must:
- Complete all three levels of the GAC program.
- Earn at least a 2.5 GAC GPA.
- Score a 61-100 on the TOEFL or a 6.5-7.0 on the IELTS.
You can also earn course credit through the GAC Program. See our international credits and course equivalency page for more information.