Apply as a Transfer Student
Transfer students are degree seeking students who have:
- received a high school diploma or high school equivalency certificate
- completed coursework during a regular session at a college or university
To apply as a transfer student, complete the following steps:
1. Check out our transfer admission requirements.
To meet the general admission requirements at Mizzou, you must:
- have at least a 2.5 cumulative college GPA
- meet the freshman admission requirements OR
- have at least 24 college credits, including one of the following courses:
- college algebra with at least a C- grade
- English 1000 equivalent with at least a C- grade
Admission to Mizzou does not guarantee admission into a specific degree program.
2. Find out how your credits will transfer.
Our transfer course equivalency site helps you see which of your credits will transfer to Mizzou. Course equivalencies are available for most colleges and universities in Missouri and select out-of-state institutions.
If your current school is not listed in our equivalencies site, Transferology can give you an idea of how your courses will apply toward a degree at Mizzou.
Before starting the application, make sure you:
- Check the transfer dates and deadlines so you stay on track with the application process.
- Check to see whether your AP, IB or college credits will transfer to Mizzou.
- Have a valid MasterCard, VISA or Discover credit card or your bank information available for the application fee.
4. Send in your high school and college transcripts.
After you complete your application, request that your final official high school transcript showing your graduation date (if you have less than 24 hours of college credit) and official transcripts of any college coursework from any college you attended be sent directly to the Office of Admissions.
4. Explore financial aid options.
Mizzou offers multiple forms of financial aid, including scholarships, loans and grants. Several scholarships are offered specifically to transfer students. You must submit the MU Annual Scholarship Application to be eligible for these scholarships. You must also apply to Mizzou before you can access the scholarship application.
We’re here to help you with your transition from the time you begin considering Mizzou until you enroll. Our transfer coordinator, Donal Buckner, can answer your questions.
Transfer Admissions Rep
Hometown: Sedalia, MO
Degree: BA ’11; MA ’15, youth development
- Favorite spot on campus: The Quad and Faurot Field! My favorite games at Faurot Field are the homecoming and the blackout games.
- Favorite place to eat in Columbia: The Nachos Bianco at Addison's are the best nachos I have ever tasted.
- Favorite activities: I enjoy golfing, barbecuing and spending time with friends and family.