Credits and Transfers
After you have been admitted to Mizzou, an admissions evaluator will go over your transcripts to see which credits will transfer with you. If you are transferring from outside the state of Missouri, a faculty member may have to review your transcript as well, which can lengthen the process.
Transfer Course Equivalency
Visit our transfer course equivalencies site to get an idea of what courses will transfer to Mizzou. This site has course equivalencies for most colleges and universities in Missouri as well as select out-of-state institutions.
Generally, any credit earned at a regionally accredited college will transfer to Mizzou if your:
- coursework is geared toward a baccalaureate degree
- grade in that course is above a C
The following types of credit will not transfer to Mizzou:
- technical, vocational or remedial courses
- courses not intended for a baccalaureate degree
- courses intended for a terminal vocational degree or certificate program
- courses from a non-regionally accredited institution
- An appeal process can be initiated at a student’s request.
- advanced standing credit in a foreign language
Transferology helps you explore your college transfer options. If you want to see how your courses will apply toward a degree at Mizzou, Transferology can help by:
- reviewing course equivalencies
- running an unofficial degree audit
Other Types of Credit
Advanced Placement (AP)
College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)
Departmental Exam Credit
Mizzou only awards departmental exam credit taken at a UM System school.
Dual credit must be reviewed by our office before being awarded.
For more information, visit our college credits page.
Once we receive your official transcript, we will review and post transfer credit on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Credit from one of our common feeder schools (see a list on transfercourses.missouri.edu) is typically posted to your account and viewable in myZou within a few business days after we receive your official transcript. Credit from other schools might require faculty review, which could take several weeks.
To view this credit:
- Log in to Myzou with your pawprint and password.
- Navigate to your Student Center.
- Click on the drop-down menu in the Academics section.
- Select Transfer Credit Report.
Each individual school or college determines which transfer credits meet the requirements for your intended degree. You will find out which credits meet your degree requirements when you meet with your adviser during transfer student orientation.
Transfer Course Approval
If you are a current student who wants to take a course at another institution and transfer credit back to Mizzou, fill out the Transfer Course Approval form.
To access the form, log in with your Pawprint and password.