International Admission Requirements
To be eligible for admission to Mizzou, you must meet the following requirements:
- Complete the required core coursework with the required grades.
- Meet the English language requirements.
- Submit all of the required application materials.
More information on all of the requirements are found below. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of International Admissions.
High School Coursework
Complete 13 units (one unit = one year in class) of the following core coursework:
|Mathematics||Four units (algebra or higher)|
|Social Studies||Three units|
|Fine Arts||One unit|
If you took Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate exams for college credit, please visit our College Credits page to learn how those credits transfer to Mizzou.
High School Grades
Your core coursework grades must meet one of the following requirements:
- GPA of 2.5 or higher on a U.S. 4.0 scale
- GPA of 3.5 or higher on a U.S. 5.0 scale
- Average grades of 80 or higher on a 100-point scale
- Average grades of 8 or higher on a 10-point scale
- IGCSE scores of C or higher in five or more subjects AND three A-level certificates with a C or higher
If your high school does not use one of the scales listed above, your grades will be converted to a U.S. 4.0 scale. Scores are determined by the AACRAO International Education Services.
The difficulty level and grade distribution of your courses are considered when determining your admission status.
English Language Requirements
To establish your English proficiency, you must:
- Earn the required score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam.
- Complete the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) English exam (first language) with grade of B or higher.
- Score a 5 or higher on the International Baccalaureate (IB) English A: Language & Literature HL exam.
Required Minimum Scores
To meet Mizzou’s general English language requirements, you must earn one of the following scores:
- Written test → 550 overall score → no section score below 52
- Online test → 79 overall score → no section score below a 17
- 6.5 overall score → no section score below a 6.0
Many departments have higher minimum requirements. Visit our English language requirements page for more information.
Proof of Financial Support
You will have to prove you can cover the estimated undergraduate expenses for a full year. This financial support can come from:
- family member or friend
- government sponsorship
Visit our application materials page to see what documents are required to prove you have the necessary financial resources.
ACT Global Assessment Certificate (GAC) Program
Mizzou has alternative admissions requirements for students who complete the ACT Global Assessment Certificate (GAC) Program.
To gain admissions through the GAC Program, you must:
- Complete all three levels of the GAC program.
- Earn at least a 2.5 GAC GPA.
- Score a 61-100 on the TOEFL OR a 6.5-7.0 on the IELTS.
The required TOEFL/IELTS score varies depending on which program you are applying to. Visit our English language requirements page to see these minimum scores.
Additionally, some programs require you earn a minimum score on the ACT to gain acceptance. Check with the school or college that offers the program you are applying to to see the minimum ACT score required.
You can also earn course credit through the GAC Program. See our international credits and course equivalency page for more information.