Apply as an International Student
As an international student at Mizzou, you will join a family of more than 2,000 international students and scholars from more than 100 countries.
To apply as an international student, complete the following steps:
Fill out your application
We recommend that you apply six to 12 months before the start of the semester in which you wish to enroll at Mizzou.
Before starting the application:
- Check dates and deadlines so you stay on track with the application process.
- Request that your official high school transcript and official transcripts of any college coursework be sent directly to the Office of International Admissions.
- Check to see whether your AP, IB or college credits will transfer to Mizzou.
- If you are submitting your ACT or SAT scores, request that your official scores be sent to Mizzou directly from the ACT or College Board.
- Explore the cost of attending Mizzou as an international student.
Explore scholarship opportunities
Mizzou offers several scholarships specifically to international students.
If you plan to attend Mizzou on a government sponsorship or outside scholarship, you must provide an official or certified copy of the award letter issued by your sponsor.
- include the U.S. dollar amount (per year) of the award
- state that the scholarship has been awarded for study at the University of Missouri
- list the expenses covered by the award and the maximum amounts available to cover each expense (fees, books, housing, etc.)
This letter should be sent to the Office of International Admissions.