Mizzou admissions representatives are excited to answer your questions. Each rep is assigned a geographic territory, but feel free to contact anyone below. You might meet our representatives at a high school or college fair, or when you visit Mizzou’s campus. Representatives are knowledgeable about all aspects of Mizzou: majors, student clubs, costs, dining halls — you name it. They can also provide you with information about how the admissions process works and what you need to do to become a Tiger.
Ft. Worth, Houston and Greater Texas
Degree: BS '13, sport management; M.Ed. '16, positive coaching
- Favorite place to eat in Columbia: The Heidelberg
- Favorite quote: “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t—you’re right." —Henry Ford
- What I can't live without: Family
South Central Missouri
Hometown: Malden, Missouri
Degree: BS BA ‘18, Management
- Favorite time of year: October – it is my birth month, the month of Homecoming, and most sports seasons are either starting up or still going!
- What I can’t live without: A good pair of headphones and a glass of blueberry lemonade
- Favorite movie series: The entire Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Favorite activities: Watching soccer and scrolling through Twitter
Kansas City and Kansas
Hometown: Independence, Missouri
Degree: BS BA ’99, Rockhurst University (Kansas City, Missouri)
- Favorite campus spot: Tiger Plaza
- Favorite campus dining hall: The MARK on Fifth Street
- Favorite random Mizzou fact: There were once two tiger mascots at Mizzou — a male and a female — but neither had a name.
Hometown: Nevada, Missouri
Degree: BFA ’08, art with emphasis in photography
- Favorite activities: Hiking, camping, traveling, reading and landscape photography
- Favorite undergrad memories: Tiger Walk, studying abroad, volunteering in the International Center and home football games
- Favorite spot in SW Missouri: Roaring River State Park
Hometown: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Degree: BA ’12, Spanish; BJ ’12, strategic communication
- Favorite Mizzou residence hall: Pre-renovation Mark Twain when it still had a pool
- Favorite nachos in Columbia: Addison’s
- Favorite weekend activity: Hiking at the Pinnacles
Hometown: Eagan, Minnesota
Degree: BS ’16, political communication; BS ’16, psychology
- Favorite TV Show: The Office
- Favorite place to eat in Columbia: Flat Branch Pub & Brewing
- Favorite spot on campus: Memorial Union
Hometown: Columbia, Missouri
Degree: BS HES ’11, textile and apparel management
- Favorite part of traveling in the South: Warmer weather year round
- Favorite campus spot: Memorial Stadium on a sunny, 70 degree Saturday afternoon
- Favorite Mizzou tradition: Tiger Walk
Hometown: Smithville, Missouri
Degree: BA ’13, music; BA ’13, communication
- Favorite deep dish pizza: The “Lou” from Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria
- Favorite Chicago spot: The view from the steps of the Field Museum
- Favorite Mizzou tradition: Homecoming, of course!
East Central Missouri
Hometown: Columbia, Missouri
Degree: BS HES ’16, textile and apparel management
- Favorite Campus Spot: Memorial Union
- Favorite Coffee in Columbia: Lakota
- Favorite Movie: Toss-up between Breakfast at Tiffany’s and The Godfather
Georgia and greater Southeastern U.S.
Hometown: Grand Ridge, Illinois
Degree: BA ’98, English literature and public relations, Illinois Wesleyan University
- Favorite Quote: “Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.” — Minor Myers, jr.
- Favorite Things: Family, friends, my two dogs, music, sports, art, travel, coffee, animals and doing anything active outdoors
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Anywhere on a beach
Degree: BS ’17, business administration, marketing
- Favorite places to eat in Columbia: Jazz, Seoul Taco and Hot Box Cookies
- Favorite sports: Football, basketball, volleyball
- Favorite Residence Hall: College Avenue (Fun fact: I lived there all four years!)
St. Louis Area
Hometown: Hamilton, New Jersey
Degree: BS ’18, health science
- Favorite breakfast spot in CoMo: Ernie’s
- What I can’t live without: Ice cream
- Favorite time of year: Football season!
Washington, D.C. Metro (including Maryland and Virginia) and Northeastern U.S.
Hometown: Centreville, Virginia
Degree: English ’12
- Favorite D.C. Spot: The Kennedy Center
- Favorite Sports Teams: Washington Redskins and Washington Nationals
- Favorite D.C. Event: Cherry Blossom Festival
Hometown: Kirksville, Missouri
Degree: BA '17, psychology
- Favorite Spot on Campus: The Rec! I learned to box at the Rec when I was a student and loved every minute of it.
- Favorite Weekend Activity: Hiking throughout the various state parks and conservation areas around Columbia.
- Favorite Mizzou Memory: Every single Homecoming. It really doesn’t get better than Mizzou football season.
Urban St. Louis and Kansas City
Hometown: Riverdale, Georgia
Degree: BHS Health Science '18
- Favorite Late-night Snack Stop: Hot Box Cookies
- Favorite Spot on Campus: Memorial Union. Holds tons of history about the university and is also a great place to study between classes. On nights they also host an assortment activities like art shows and comedy nights.
- Favorite Hidden Gem on Campus: Tiger Garden which is the student run floral shop.
Hometown: Washington, Missouri
Degree: BS HES '19, Textile and Apparel Management
- Favorite Sport: Basketball
- Favorite Campus Spot: Faurot Field on game days
- Fun Fact: My best friend and I went skydiving! Highly recommend!
International Admissions Rep
Hometown: Kansas City, Missouri
Degree: BS '07, international business administration; MS '11, student affairs
- Favorite spot on campus: MU Student Center because it’s always buzzing with activity.
- Favorite weekend activity: Visiting the many parks and trails throughout Columbia.
- What I can’t live without: My passport.
- Favorite quote: “The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” — St. Augustine
Hometown: Springfield, Missouri
Degree: BA ’15, history
- Favorite coffee in Columbia: Shortwave Coffee is a great spot to study and fuel up.
- Favorite place to eat in Columbia: India’s House
- Favorite spot on campus: The archives at the State Historical Society
- Favorite CoMo activity: Attending the True/False Film Fest every year. It brings in thousands of people, including the directors of the featured documentaries. You might meet a future Oscar winner!
Hometown: St. Louis
Degree: BS BA ’09, business administration
- Favorite restaurant in Columbia: Flat Branch Pub & Brewing
- Favorite campus spot: Anywhere on Francis Quadrangle. You have a great view and sense of history while walking around that part of campus. You’re also only a couple minutes from downtown Columbia.
- Why Mizzou?: I chose Mizzou because I felt comfortable the moment I stepped on campus. I also loved the resources and opportunities to meet new people, find and grow your interests, and discover career opportunities.
Hometown: Champaign, Illinois
Degree: BA ’09, English; MA ’15, teaching English as a second language
Favorite indoor activity in Columbia: Movie at Ragtag Cinema
Favorite outdoor activity in Columbia: Running on the Katy Trail
Favorite lunch spot: Thai Express
Hometown: Santa Monica, California
Degree: M Ed ’15
- Favorite aspect of Southern California: I absolutely love watching the sunrise and sunset over our beautiful beaches! I'm also a big fan of seafood (especially sushi), and I enjoy discovering new restaurants.
- Favorite book series: I enjoy reading the Ender’s Game saga. The author, Orson Scott Card, does a great job of exploring dynamic themes and creating a universe that is foreign yet very similar to ours.
- Favorite movie series: I’m a huge Star Wars fan. (Yes, I even enjoyed the prequels.) I’m also familiar with the Star Wars universe lore! I'm also a big Lord of the Rings fan!
West Central Missouri
Hometown: Carrolton, Missouri
Degree: BHS Health Science '19
- Favorite coffee shop in Columbia: Uprise Bakery
- Favorite time of year: Mizzou Football Season
- Favorite Mizzou Memory: Senior sendoff
Hometown: Florissant, Missouri
Degree: BS ‘15, Sports Venue Management; M.Ed. ‘17, Positive Coaching
- Favorite place to eat in Columbia: Sophia’s
- Greek life fact: I was one of the 10 Founding Fathers of Alpha Tau Omega in 2015 as a Freshman
- Favorite Quote: “One small crack doesn’t mean you are broken. It means you were put to the test & didn’t fall apart” —Linda Poindexter
Hometown: New Franklin, Missouri
Degree: BS HES ’15, family and lifespan development
- Favorite place to eat in Columbia: Murry’s
- Favorite free-time activity: Reading — anything
- Favorite type of jokes: Anything punny