Mizzou admissions representatives are excited to answer your questions. Each rep is assigned a geographic territory, but feel free to contact anyone below. You might meet our representatives at a high school or college fair, or when you visit Mizzou’s campus. Representatives are knowledgeable about all aspects of Mizzou: majors, student clubs, costs, dining halls — you name it. They can also provide you with information about how the admissions process works and what you need to do to become a Tiger.
Southwestern Missouri and Arkansas
Hometown: St. Charles, Illinois
Degree: BA ’15, interdisciplinary studies
- Favorite TV show: Parks and Recreation
- Favorite food: Chicago-style pizza
- Favorite Mizzou tradition: Homecoming, specifically campus decorations and pomping
Special events, in office
Degree: BS ’05, hotel and restaurant management
- Favorite campus spot: Francis Quadrangle
- Favorite movie: Garden State
- Favorite vacation spot: Odd tie — Walt Disney World and Las Vegas
Kansas City and Kansas
Hometown: Blue Springs, Missouri
Degree: BS Ed ’15, cross categorical special education
- Favorite campus spot: Faurot Field (Memorial Stadium)
- Favorite Kansas City barbecue: Joe’s Kansas City Bar-B-Que
- Favorite Movie: A League of Their Own
Hometown: Chesterton, IN
Degree: Degree: BA’ 15 Inter Disciplinary Studies with emphasis in Communication, Psychology and Architectural Studies & Business Minor
- Favorite Local Spots: Flatbranch Pub and Brewery & Logboat Brewery
- One Thing I Can’t Live Without: Coffee. My favorite is Shortwave in Alley A downtown, but Starbucks is good too.
- Favorite T.V. Show: Gilmore Girls
Tennessee and southeastern U.S.
Degree: BS HES ’11, textile and apparel management
- Favorite part of traveling in the South: Warmer weather year round
- Favorite campus spot: Memorial Stadium on a sunny, 70 degree Saturday afternoon
- Favorite Mizzou tradition: Tiger Walk
Hometown: Grand Ridge, IL
Degree: BA ’98 in English Literature and Public Relations, Illinois Wesleyan University
- Favorite Quote: “Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.” Minor Myers, jr.
- Favorite Things: Family, friends, my two dogs, music, sports, art, travel, coffee, animals and doing anything active outdoors
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Anywhere on a beach
Colorado and Minnesota
Degree: BA ’12, Spanish; BJ ’12, strategic communication
- Favorite Mizzou residence hall: Mark Twain — pre-renovation when it still had a pool
- Favorite nachos in Columbia: Addison’s
- Favorite weekend activity: Hiking at the Pinnacles
Hometown: Chicago, IL
Degree: BS '16 in Biochemistry
- Favorite Spot on campus: The BCC (worked and slept)
- Favorite Quote: "You can learn a lesson one of two ways: through pain and strife or thought and reflection." — Arnell Monroe
- Favorite Mizzou Memory: Hosting midnight Hide N' Go Seek on the quad during finals week.
Houston, Texas and northern California
Hometown: Independence, Missouri
Degree: BS BA ’99, Rockhurst University (Kansas City, Missouri)
- Favorite campus spot: Tiger Plaza
- Favorite campus dining hall: The MARK on 5th Street
- Favorite random Mizzou fact: There were once two tiger mascots at Mizzou — a male and a female — but neither had a name.
Dallas-Fort Worth and greater Texas
Hometown: Troy, Missouri
Degree: BS BA ’11, marketing
- Favorite campus activity: Singing all four years with Add9, Mizzou's premier men’s a cappella group
- Favorite campus dining: I ate at Baja Grill (in Schurz Hall) at least four times a week during undergrad — not exaggerating.
- Greek-life fact: I rushed my fraternity as a junior.
International Admissions Rep
Hometown: Gandhinagar, India
Degree: BA ’05 in English Literature (Maharaja Sayajirao University), MA ’08 in Communication (University of Central Missouri)
- Languages I speak: English, Hindi and Gujarati
- Favorite activities: I love traveling, cooking, baking bread, watching independent movies and learning more about the world.
- Fact about me: I came to the United States in 2006 as an international student.
Hometown: St. Louis
Degree: BS BA ’09, business administration
- Favorite restaurant in Columbia: Flat Branch Pub & Brewing
- Favorite campus spot: Anywhere on Francis Quadrangle. You have a great view and sense of history while walking around that part of campus. You’re also only a couple minutes from downtown Columbia.
- Why Mizzou?: I chose Mizzou because I felt comfortable the moment I stepped on campus. I also loved the resources and opportunities to meet new people, find and grow your interests, and discover career opportunities.
Southeastern Missouri and Kentucky
Hometown: New Franklin, Missouri
Degree: BS HES ’15, family and lifespan development
- Favorite place to eat in Columbia: Murry’s
- Favorite free-time activity: Reading — anything
- Favorite type of jokes: Anything punny
Hometown: Lombard, Illinois
Degree: BA '16, communication
- Favorite campus spot: Sitting on the Quad or columns on a sunny spring day
- Favorite movie: The Breakfast Club
- Random fact about me: I have seen well over 100 musical acts (and counting) at concerts or music festivals.
DC Metro (including Maryland and Virginia) and Northeastern U.S.
Hometown: Centreville, VA
Degree: English '12
- Favorite DC Spot: The Kennedy Center
- Favorite Sports Teams: Washington Redskins & Washington Nationals
- Favorite DC Event: Cherry Blossom Festival
Urban public school districts of Kansas City and St. Louis
Hometown: Kansas City, Missouri
Degree: BA ’15, performance theatre
- Best activities in my recruitment territory: I like to go to the free museums in St. Louis because who doesn’t like free? I always visit the Plaza in Kansas City.
- Favorite place to eat in Columbia: Coffee Zone
- Random fact about me: I really love documentary films.
Hometown: Smithville, Missouri
Degree: BA '13 in music, BA '13 in communication
- Favorite deep dish pizza: The “Lou” from Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria
- Favorite Chicago spot: The view from the steps of the Field Museum
- Favorite Mizzou tradition: Homecoming, of course!
Transfer Admissions Rep
Hometown: Sedalia, MO
Degree: BA ’11; MA ’15, youth development
- Favorite spot on campus: The Quad and Faurot Field! My favorite games at Faurot Field are the homecoming and the blackout games.
- Favorite place to eat in Columbia: The Nachos Bianco at Addison's are the best nachos I have ever tasted.
- Favorite activities: I enjoy golfing, barbecuing and spending time with friends and family.
Hometown: Springfield, Mo.
Degree: BA Communication ‘13
- Favorite Place to Eat in Columbia: CJ’s Wings
- Favorite TV Show: The Office
- Favorite Place on Campus: Reading Room at Ellis Library
- Favorite Mizzou Memory: Homecoming 2010 Win over OU
In office, Event and Group Coordinator
Hometown: Mendon, Mo.
Degree: HRM, 2009; ELPA, 2014
- Favorite Activity: Crossfit at CrossFit COMO
- Favorite “Can’t Live Without” Cosmetic: Mary Kay Mascara
- Favorite Place to shop: Ann Taylor Loft
Hometown: Eagan, Minnesota
Degree: BS '16, political communication; BS '16, psychology
- Favorite TV Show: The Office
- Favorite place to eat in Columbia: Flat Branch Pub and Brewing
- Favorite spot on campus: Memorial Union
Hometown: Santa Monica, California
Degree: M Ed ’15
- Favorite aspect of northwestern Missouri: I absolutely love watching the sunrise and sunset over the farmland. Where I’m originally from, we don’t have a lot of open fields and farms. I also love stargazing and spotting constellations in the sky.
- Favorite book series: I enjoy reading the Ender’s Game saga. The author, Orson Scott Card, does a great job of exploring dynamic themes and creating a universe that is foreign yet very similar to ours.
- Favorite movie series: I’m a huge Star Wars fan (yes, I even enjoyed the prequels). I’m also familiar the lore within the Star Wars universe.
Hometown: Columbia, Mo.
Degree: BS HES ’16 Textile and Apparel Management
- Favorite Campus Spot: Memorial Union
- Favorite Coffee in Columbia: Lakota
- Favorite Movie: Toss-up between Breakfast at Tiffany’s and The Godfather
Hometown: Nogales, AZ
Degree: BS '12 in Family & Human Development, University of Arizona
- Favorite Quote: "May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears." — Nelson Mandela
- Favorite Holiday: New Year's!
- Favorite Stay-cation Destination: Universal Studios, Hollywood