Scholarships are education funds that don’t have to be repaid. Scholarship eligibility is based on the following factors:
- Merit (academic achievement, athletic skills, community service, etc.)
- Need (financial need, hardship, etc.)
- Special characteristics (ethnicity, place of residence, intended major, etc.)
When you apply to Mizzou, you are automatically considered for several mutually exclusive scholarships. To receive these, you must enroll as a full-time, degree-seeking student at Mizzou the first semester (fall or spring) after graduating high school.
Here are some of our automatic scholarships:
- For National Merit finalists or semifinalists
- Award amounts vary
- For Missouri residents who are Pell Grant eligible
- Covers all tuition and fees not covered by other grants or scholarships
- For students from any of the eight states that border Missouri (Arkansas, Kansas, Kentucky, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Tennessee)
MU Scholarship Application
You aren’t automatically considered for every scholarship at Mizzou. There are several departmental scholarships that you must apply for. To be eligible for these scholarships, you must submit the MU Annual Scholarship Application by Dec. 15.
Apply to Mizzou by Dec. 1 to get access to the scholarship application.
Mizzou gives out many scholarships based on financial need. You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the priority deadline on Feb. 1 to be considered for these scholarships.
Scholarships for first-time college students
- Scholarships for Missouri residents
- Scholarships for non-Missouri residents
- Scholarships for international students
Stamps Scholars Program
MU has partnered with the Stamps Family Charitable Foundation to recognize and reward up to five incoming Mizzou students who exemplify leadership, scholarship and service with full scholarships.
To be eligible for the scholarship, students should:
- have a 32 ACT score
- have a 3.5 or better core GPA
- be admitted to MU and the Honors College
- submit a résumé, essay and recommendation letters by Dec. 1
See more information on the Stamps Scholars Program.
Find Every Dollar
Take advantage of all the opportunities to help pay for college. Maximize the amount of financial aid you receive by following the steps laid out on the costs and aid page.
Dates & deadlines
Apply for general and departmental scholarships
Submit the MU Annual Scholarship application by the Dec. 15 priority deadline. You have to submit the application for admission first. (We recommend applying for admission by Dec. 1.)
Apply for the Brooks Scholarship
The George C. Brooks Scholarship is awarded to undergraduate students from ethnic groups that are underrepresented at MU. Apply for this scholarship.
Apply for the Mizzou Scholars Award
This award is for high-achieving students who are Missouri residents. Learn more about this scholarship.
Transfer student scholarship deadline
Scholarship applications for transfer students are due. Apply for transfer scholarships.