Scholarships are education funds that don’t have to be repaid. Scholarship eligibility is based on the following factors:
- Merit (academic achievement, athletic skills, community service, etc.)
- Need (financial need, hardship, etc.)
- Special characteristics (ethnicity, place of residence, intended major, etc.)
When you apply to Mizzou, you are automatically considered for several mutually exclusive scholarships. To be eligible for automatic scholarships, you must be enrolled:
- at Mizzou the first semester (fall or spring) after graduating high school
- as a full-time, degree-seeking student
MU Scholarship Application
You aren’t automatically considered for every scholarship at Mizzou. There are several departmental scholarships that you must apply for. To be eligible for these scholarships, you need to submit the MU Annual Scholarship Application by Dec. 15.
You must apply to Mizzou by Dec. 1 to get access to the scholarship application.
Mizzou gives out many scholarships based on financial need. You must complete the your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the priority deadline on March 1 to be considered for these scholarships.
Scholarships for first-time college students
- Scholarships for Missouri residents
- Scholarships for non-Missouri residents
- Scholarships for international students
Stamps Scholars Program
MU has partnered with the Stamps Family Charitable Foundation to recognize and reward five incoming Mizzou students who exemplify leadership, scholarship and service with full scholarships.
To be eligible for the scholarship, students should:
- have a 32 ACT score
- have a 3.5 or better core GPA
- be admitted to MU by Dec. 1 and Honors College by Dec. 15.
See more information on the Stamps Scholars Program.
Find Every Dollar
Take advantage of all the opportunities to help pay for college. Maximize the amount of financial aid you receive by following the steps laid out on the costs and aid page.
Dates & deadlines
Apply for general and departmental scholarships
You can apply for general and departmental scholarships after you’ve applied for admission.
Apply for the Brooks Scholarship
The George C. Brooks Scholarship is awarded to undergraduate students from ethnic groups that are underrepresented at MU. Apply for this scholarship.
Apply for the Mizzou Scholars Award
This award is for high-achieving students who are Missouri residents. Learn more about this scholarship.
Transfer student scholarship deadline
Scholarship applications for transfer students are due. Apply for transfer scholarships.