International Student Ambassadors
International student ambassadors are current Mizzou students who are here to answer your questions. Our international students come from many different countries, speak a variety of languages, and pursue various majors and interests on campus. Ambassadors are knowledgeable about all aspects of Mizzou: degree programs, student clubs, dining halls, arriving in Columbia — you name it. They are excited to talk to you and help you become a Tiger, too. Please feel free to contact anyone below.
Home country: Saudi Arabia
Major: Chemical engineering
Languages I speak: Arabic, English
Favorite class: Peace Studies 3140, "The Art of War and Peace." It was a great class with my favorite professor, Dr. Kerridge. The class was about climate change and global warming and how people should address these issues.
Favorite weekend activity on campus: Soccer
Why Mizzou: I chose Mizzou because it has a wonderful campus and a strong chemical engineering program. The diversity here helped me to be open and understanding of different world traditions, which made me grow into a better and more cultured person.
Home country: Panama
Major: Business administration, management
Languages I speak: Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin, English
- Favorite menu item in a dining hall: Chips and queso from Baja Grill
- Favorite weekend activity on campus: Watching dollar weekend films with friends
- Fun fact: I am on a quest to try out different restaurants in Columbia!
Home country: China
Languages I speak: Chinese, English
- Favorite class: Management 3540. It’s a business-law class, and you learn a lot useful and interesting things. And the professor is so cool!
- Favorite Columbia restaurant: 44 Stone
- Favorite Mizzou memory: Participating in the Homecoming parade
Home country: Republic of Korea
Languages I speak: Korean, Chinese, English
- Favorite class: English 1000, 1310. I improved my English by learning rhetoric and writing various kinds of essays.
- Favorite weekend activity on campus: Mizzou football games
- Favorite Mizzou memory: Being involved in my Freshman Interest Group
Hometown: Bojonegoro, Jawa Timur
Home country: Indonesia
Major: Computer science
Languages I speak: Bahasa, English
- Favorite spot on campus: Tiger Grotto at MizzouRec (jacuzzi and sauna)
- Favorite professor: Joe Guilliams. He transforms complicated programing into fun and interesting stuff.
- Why Mizzou: Mizzou has a great computer science program that collaborates with giant tech companies, including IBM and Google.
- Fun fact: I have an electric scooter for personal transportation around campus and between classes.
Home country: Oman
Major: Industrial and manufacturing systems engineering
Languages I speak: Arabic, English
- Favorite class: Art 1020 was fun because it was outside the scope of engineering. We had to go to different venues to complete assignments, and it gave me a chance to explore Columbia.
- Why Mizzou: Mizzou is a strong academic school, but Columbia also has a fun environment, atmosphere and college-town vibe. It appealed to me more because I knew I was going for both education and experience. Safety, living spaces and resources were also big factors, and Mizzou fulfilled them all.
- Favorite Mizzou Memory: International welcome party, where I met my close friends
Home country: Brazil
Major: Nutrition and exercise physiology
Languages I speak: Portuguese, Spanish, English
- Favorite professor: Steve Ball is a fun professor who teaches one of my favorite classes: Introduction to Exercise Physiology. In addition, he is my “moral adviser” who helps me with all of my career curiosities.
- Favorite campus building: MizzouRec
- Favorite Mizzou tradition: Kissing the 50 yard line at Faurot Field (the Mizzou football field)