International Student Ambassadors
International student ambassadors are current Mizzou students who are here to answer your questions. Our international students come from many different countries, speak a variety of languages, and pursue various majors and interests on campus. Ambassadors are knowledgeable about all aspects of Mizzou: degree programs, student clubs, dining halls, arriving in Columbia — you name it. They are excited to talk to you and help you become a Tiger, too. Please feel free to contact anyone below.
Home country: Brazil
Major: Nutrition and exercise physiology
Languages I speak: Portuguese, Spanish, English
- Favorite professor: Steve Ball is a fun professor who teaches one of my favorite classes: Introduction to Exercise Physiology. In addition, he is my “moral adviser” who helps me with all of my career curiosities.
- Favorite campus building: MizzouRec
- Favorite Mizzou tradition: Kissing the 50 yard line at Faurot Field (the Mizzou football field)
Hometown: Santo Andre
Home country: Brazil
Languages I speak: Portuguese and English
- Favorite spot on campus: Thomas Jefferson's gravestone
- Favorite weekend activity on campus: Going to the movie screenings
- Favorite Mizzou Memory: When the Mizzou men's basketball team hit 100 points against Green Bay, everybody went crazy when Adam Wolf — a bench player who rarely plays — scored the 100th point.
Home country: China
Major: Economics and marketing
Languages I speak: Mandarin and English
- Favorite weekend activity on campus: Working in Ellis Library
- Why Mizzou: As a college town, it is far away from the big cities, and that helps me to focus on my studies. But it's also convenient because it’s only two hours from Kansas City and St. Louis. People in college towns are friendlier than in bigger cities.
- Favorite Mizzou tradition: Yelling at Speakers Circle
Home country: South Korea, Republic of Korea
Languages I speak: Korean, English
- Favorite Mizzou memory: Watching the Pirates of the Caribbean series overnight with my friends in the engineering building, then taking a picture together in front of the Columns at 5 a.m. right after finals week.
- Favorite Mizzou tradition: Tiger Walk
- Why I am an international student ambassador: I'm always interested meeting and talking to new people from diverse cultures. I didn't want to miss the opportunity to meet students from different countries and help bring them closer to Mizzou.