International Student Ambassadors
International student ambassadors are current Mizzou students who are here to answer your questions. Our international students come from many different countries, speak a variety of languages, and pursue various majors and interests on campus. Ambassadors are knowledgeable about all aspects of Mizzou: degree programs, student clubs, dining halls, arriving in Columbia — you name it. They are excited to talk to you and help you become a Tiger, too. Please feel free to contact anyone below.
Home country: South Korea
Major: Computer engineering
Languages I speak: Korean, English, Japanese
- My favorite Mizzou events: International Welcome Party, Party Around the World, and Homecoming.
- Why I chose Mizzou: I saw and heard good, interesting things about Mizzou such as well-organized career fairs with well-known companies, the variety of research activities that I can be involved in, and events held by colleges or organizations for students to enjoy. All of this encouraged me to choose Mizzou and build the beginning of my educational career here.
- My advice for fellow international students: Try as many things as you can while you are studying at Mizzou: join the clubs and organizations, attend conferences or guest speaker sessions, and school events. Also, do not hesitate to use office hours and tutoring sessions that the university or academic departments offer which will help you catch up or get used to the atmosphere of school and settle down easily.
- Student organizations I belong to: I am currently active in the Korean Student Association, Mizzou Engineering Student Council, and Mizzou Fencing Club. As an active member of each organization and club, I can meet new people and learn things that are related to my major or non-major stuff. I can also try a variety of unique activities such as doing fencing, representing my country to other students and introducing my country when I attend professional conferences.
Home country: Saudi Arabia
Major: Industrial Engineering
Languages I speak: Arabic, English
- Food from home that I miss the most: Shawarma
- What impresses me about Mizzou: The beauty of the campus
- My on-campus job: I work at Campus Dining
- An interesting fact about me: Prior to enrolling as an Industrial Engineering student, I studied English with the Intensive English Program on campus.
Hometown: Tarout Island
Home country: Saudi Arabia
Major: Information Technology
Languages I speak: English, Arabic
- Favorite building on campus: MizzouRec (MU Student Recreation Complex)
- Favorite weekend activity on campus: Playing Soccer at Stankowski Field
- Favorite Mizzou tradition: Homecoming Weekend
Home country: Brazil
Major: International business
Languages I speak: Portuguese, English
- Favorite restaurant in Columbia: Bubblecup Tea Zone
- Favorite quote: "Have courage and be kind." —Cinderella
- Describe your Mizzou experience: Mizzou is where you can feel comfortable to be yourself and discover your future, a place that you can call home, meet different people and learn with them. Even while missing the place they are from, it is possible to find something similar to home on campus due to its cultural diversity. The professors are always respectful and committed to getting the best results of their students, pushing them to challenge themselves.