Friday Open Houses
Black & Gold Days
Our Friday open houses, called Black & Gold Days, are recommended for prospective freshmen who are interested in visiting a specific school or college while classes are in session. During Black & Gold Days, most of our schools and colleges open their doors so you can see how they operate on a daily basis.
If you want a more broad overview of what all of our departments have to offer, we recommend attending a Saturday open house, which includes an academic fair.
Black & Gold Days Schedule
Check in begins at 9 a.m. Plan on being on campus until at least 3 p.m.
At check in, you will be given a time for your campus tour. From there, you will build the rest of your schedule choosing from the following sessions:
- Campus Tour
- Discover our 1,262-acre campus, a designated botanic garden, during a walking tour with one of our current students. Get an up-close look at the historic Columns and Jesse Hall, our state-of-the-art rec and student centers, a model res hall and much more.
- Mizzou Overview
- Get a sneak peak at what life at Mizzou is like from a current student. One of our admissions reps will walk you through the admissions process, student life opportunities and what Columbia as a city has to offer to you.
- Res Life and Campus Dining Services
- Learn about the different living options and amenities available at each res hall, and get a taste of the variety of eats our dining halls offer across campus.
- Financial Aid
- Get an in-depth overview of the financial aid options available to you, including scholarship opportunities and Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Departmental Information Sessions
- Spend the afternoon learning about our schools and colleges at departmental information sessions. In addition to these sessions, most schools and college open their doors for you to explore. Times for these the information sessions vary, so feel free to attend more than one.
Friday, October 13, 2017
Friday, October 20, 2017
A few weeks prior to the event, you will receive a confirmation packet with:
- check in location
- parking instructions
- Make sure you follow the instructions included. Some of our roads on campus are closed for pedestrians when classes are in session.
- sample schedule of events
If you did not receive a confirmation packet, or if you have any other questions, contact our office.