As a public land-grant institution, the University of Missouri offers reduced rates of tuition and fees to Missouri residents. Please see our guide to establishing residency for a list of required documents and steps in the petitioning process.
Still have questions? Check out our FAQ.
To qualify for in-state rates at Mizzou, you must meet the official residency requirements established by the Missouri Department of Higher Education.
Completing Residency Application: Fall 2015
- Fill out the Fall 2015 Petitioning Packet (with a pen):
- Petition for Missouri Resident Status
- Processing Fee for Missouri Residency Petition Authorization Form
- Fall 2015 Petition for Missouri Residency Cover Sheet
- Make copies of all the required documents (do not submit original documents)
- Submit required documents at the circle desk on the first floor of Jesse Hall
- Submit ALL documents listed on the Missouri Residency Cover Sheet in the large envelope you will be given
- Write your name and student number on it
- Return it to the Residency Officer at the circle desk
- Keep the receipt with the number of the envelope and the date you submitted the packet to the Residency Department
- Watch your myZou email for updates regarding the status of your petition.
Scholarships available to Mizzou students include some that are intended specifically for Missouri residents and some that are exclusively for non-residents. Non-Missouri-resident students whose out-of-state fees are paid by another source are not eligible to receive fee waivers through automatic scholarships. If you gain Missouri residency while receiving a non-resident automatic scholarship, you will automatically forfeit the annual award.
125 Jesse Hall