Transfer students are degree-seeking applicants who have completed coursework during a regular session at a college or university after receiving a high school diploma (or equivalent exam). The summer session immediately following high school graduation is not considered a regular session.
These minimum requirements apply to general admission of transfer students. They don't include more stringent requirements established by specific schools and colleges or certain programs within some academic divisions. If your cumulative GPA includes repeated courses, there may be an impact on your GPA that we use for admission. Please contact us if you have concerns about how your repeated courses may affect your admission GPA.
- Transfer applicants to Mizzou must have a minimum 2.5 GPA in college-level courses to be admissible. Transfer applicants who don't also meet Mizzou's freshman admission requirements must have completed at least 24 college-level credits and one of the following:
- A college algebra course with a grade of C- or better; or
- The equivalent of Mizzou's English 1000 with a grade of C- or better.
- Transfer students with an associate of arts degree from a regionally accredited Missouri community college are admissible to Mizzou.
- Full-time transfer students from other UM system campuses that have completed at least 24 college-level credits need only a 2.0 GPA to be eligible to transfer to Mizzou. Students with fewer than 24 college-level credits must also meet Mizzou's freshman admission requirements.
- Admission to Mizzou does not guarantee admission to specific programs, other than through signed articulation agreements. Some programs are highly competitive. In addition, some programs do not allow students who have already earned a bachelor's degree to be admitted into another undergraduate program. Please contact us before applying for admission if you have already earned a bachelor's degree.
- Students enrolling with an associate of arts degree from a Missouri community college with 60 or more transferable academic credits and a minimum 2.0 GPA will be considered as having junior level standing and having completed the general education requirements.