Credits and transfers
After you have been admitted to Mizzou, an admissions evaluator will evaluate whether any college credit you've earned is transferable. Coursework being transferred from outside Missouri may need faculty review, which can delay the process. Details:
- Advanced Placement credit will not be awarded based on scores reported on transcripts; please have your official score reports sent to Admissions directly from the College Board.
- Dual credit must be evaluated by Admissions prior to being awarded.
- All courses transferring from community colleges will transfer as lower-division credit.
- Check our transfer course equivalencies for detailed information on most schools in Missouri and select out-of-state institutions. If you're curious to find out how your transfer courses might apply toward your MU degree requirements, you can enter your courses, review equivalencies and run an unofficial degree audit at transfer.org today!
- The Mizzou Connection Program is available for students wishing to transfer from Moberly Area Community College to Mizzou.
- Advanced standing credit in a foreign language awarded by previous institutions will not transfer to Mizzou. It can be requested after you have successfully completed a course at Mizzou at or above that level.
- Military veterans may be awarded some credit if they meet these criteria
Generally, coursework completed at a regionally accredited institution and oriented toward a baccalaureate degree will be accepted if each grade is C or better. Contact our office with any questions!
- Technical, vocational or remedial courses
- Courses not intended for a baccalaureate degree and/or for a terminal vocational degree or certificate program
- Courses from non-regionally accredited institutions, though there is an appeal process which can be done at a student's request.
You can check how your courses have transferred by logging in to myZou. We can only do this once you have been admitted. Navigate to your student center and then select your transfer credit report in the dropdown menu of the Academics section. This report will be available once your transfer credit is posted, which could be several weeks after admission.
Each Mizzou school or college determines which transfer credits meet requirements for a degree. You will find out how your courses satisfy your degree requirements when you meet with your academic adviser during your new student orientation session.
If you are a current MU student looking to complete courses elsewhere to transfer credit back to Mizzou, please go to the Transfer Course Approval Form for additional information.