Steps in applying
- Take a virtual tour! Get to know the strength of Mizzou's academic programs, our vibrant campus community, and Columbia, Missouri. (What is Mizzou?) You can also see what events are currently offered specifically for our International community!
- Apply with the international student application online. You must apply at least six months to a year in advance of the semester you wish to enroll. If you are admitted, the International Center will send you the appropriate form along with detailed information explaining visa application procedures. The U.S. Consulate where you apply for your visa will inform you if any immunizations are necessary.
- Gather all of the application materials.
- Send your documents, official TOEFL or IELTS score, complete application and U.S. $65 application fee to our International Admissions Office. Official test scores are required directly from the College Board (SAT or TOEFL) or ACT. Our College Board code is 006875 and our ACT code is 2382.
- Find out how your AP, IB, GAC or other college credit transfers to Mizzou if you are coming from an international school. The course equivalency site provides a guide to how classes at your current or former school are transferred to MU. If you are a current MU student, please visit our international course equivalency page.
- Explore costs.
Questions regarding the application process? Please contact us.