High school coursework
- English: Four units, one of which may be in speech or debate; two units emphasizing composition or writing skills
- Mathematics: Four units, Algebra 1 or higher
- Science: Three units* (not including general science), one of which must be a lab
- Social Studies: Three units**
- Foreign Language: Two units of the same language
- Fine Arts: One unit
* A student may substitute three units of secondary vocational agriculture courses for one unit of biological science. The three units must be selected from the following list of six specific courses: Agricultural Science I (DESE core data course code 016710), Agricultural Science II (016760), Crop Science (016761), Greenhouse Operation and Management (0167665), Animal Science (016711), Conservation of Natural Resources (016759). This substitution will be accepted for admission to any college within the university.
** The Vocational Agriculture course in Agricultural Management and Economics (DESE core data course code 016730) will be accepted as a substitute for one unit of economics for partial fulfillment of this requirement. This substitution will be accepted for admission to any college within the university.